Another year is getting ready to come to a close and here we all sit
deciding what we are going to change for the coming year and reflecting
on what the year has brought or taken from us. This year was okay for
all of us, the kids have grown more in height and maturity....listening
to them it is hard to believe they are 10, 7, and 4!! And really just to
say we have a 10, 7 and 4 year old makes me feel old...LOL! But I would
not trade them for anything ;) Porter is doing well in school and we
already can't wait till next summer when he is here with us, I just wish
he could be here for a longer period of time!!! He is getting to be
such a little man, growing and loving the sports he is playing...our
goal this year to get to a game and watch him play :) Jaya is the
same, growing and loving school!! Her favorite past times would include
singing and singing...she is so funny about it. I remember a time when I
was young, we would get in the car and I would know every song that
came on the radio, my dad said to me, "how can you memorize words to all
these songs but you can't memorize school work"! Jaya sure does get it
from me, because she is the same way! I can tell her something one day
and she will forget it the next but let her listen to a song once and
she has it down! Jaya has been doing well health wise too, we were very
blessed this year with just a few outpatient procedures. She had a port
placed in her belly button so that it is easier to do her "water". I
hate doing all these but know in the long run it will be better for
her. Neela has taken off this year, finished up with speech therapy
and started in the preschool program! Talking up a STORM! In fact most
times we can't get her to stop; she is very aware of all her
surroundings and it's amazing the things that she remembers!!!
Here
are pics of each of the kids from this summer - This one of Porter may be my favorite...he looks so grown up. This was at the airport as he was getting ready to leave us this summer :( 
This was one of our family pics from this summer - thank you Sam Woodworth for taking amazing pics for us!
![]() | |
Nick is doing very well and this may be his favorite picture of the year, yes that is Paul Ryan!!! Nick was just walking in the area by his house and Mr.Ryan was out as well talking to the neighbors. So we got this picture, which is very cool!!! Nicks job is going great, he was actually promoted to a testing manager position which will be a great fit for him!
However just like any year this year did bring some very sad moments....we got word that our cousin Melissa Mahoney had passed....she was such a bright and talented OB doctor in Gary IN. She loved being around the kids and an all around wonderful person....we miss her very much but as I said in a previous post, she is in her special disney with her dad!!!
What will I change this year, heck maybe I should type it out cause then I will be held accountable for it...HA! Well I am going to be better about blogging, especially having family far away, this way everyone can keep up with the kiddos! I am going to work out more, getting a membership to a gym and committing to zumba at least 2 or 3 times per week! I love those classes! And as always making sure I am being a great mom and wife...taking care of family is top priority and always will be! I hope that everyone is able to ring in the new year with family/friends....Love to all!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment