Friday, January 11, 2013

Remembering......


Trying to remember what you had for dinner the night before or what you got for Christmas would be easy for most people right? Well that is what I thought too, but this week I was proved wrong!!  Going through nursing school you realize that you have friends that have now turned into your family, you have laughed, cried and prayed with the these girls for the past two years knowing that your future career was based on how well you did.  We bonded together from the start, we were a class of 16 and there are some that I will probably see only a few times a year, some people maybe once a month and but then there are some that have turned into my family.....and they hold a special place in my heart.  Lish and I were one of those that bonded from the beginning, to the kiddos she is Auntie Lish and her hubby is Uncle Ron.  Lish has been working as an RN on SCU and loves her job, she has worked so hard to get here and would not ever do anything to jeopardize that.  Tuesday night we got a text saying that she was in the ER, and was very confused and couldn't remember things....the next day it just got worse....she had multiple tests, lots of lab work and scans only to come to the conclusion that the doctors feel she has MS.  Multiple Sclerosis is a disease that basically affects the brain and can lead to many other issues down the road.  She is my age, she is a nurse, she is a good person and she is my best friend.....this is not suppose to happen to her!!!!!!  Over the last few days she has gotten better; she is getting stronger but it is so hard to ask her questions and she has no idea...she doesn't remember what she got for xmas, she doesn't remember being at our house just before xmas...she only knows cause she saw a picture on FB!  I just wish I could do something to help her and make everything better, and just to erase this past week for her, her family and for me.  I know this has to be so hard for Ron, and he is being so strong...don't know how I would handle it.    I just try to think about how hard it would be for me to not remember aspects of my life especially with the kids....they do something important and I can't remember.  But reality is this could happen to anyone at anytime....so my goal is to make sure  that I am documenting more on this blog.  I wish I could say why bad things always happen to good people but no one will ever have that answer.  For now we will be there for her and Ron, support them and with all the medicine they have these days I am sure she will be just fine.




 This is a picture of Lish and Ron from the air show last year
  Lish and I on our last day in Mexico, this was our graduation gift to ourselves ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails