Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MRI news

We finally heard back about Jaya's MRI, the neurosurgeon looked at her films and determined that he does not want to operate or see her at this point, which is a good thing, so no surgery for her tethered cord. He said he would think about surgery if she started to get symptoms, but in a way that also concerns me because I have read some info that says if you wait to long to take care of this issue problems and symptoms may become irreversible, and I would hate for it to get to that point, so at this point we are just doing more research on the re-tethering and deciding on a second opinion!
We also got a call back about her UA, there is a chance that she has developed another UTI, praying the culture will come back negative - but will keep you all posted!

Also I had my mini meeting with the Dean team today for the March for babies! I was able to share our story - tears and all! Not sure why it's so hard to talk about it sometimes, but oh well! I also took my scrapbook and they were able to see baby pictures of Jaya! I think we are going to have a great turnout for the march this year! I already have some friends signing up on our team :) Still taking more walkers and donations :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails