Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day.....


Today was the day, our baby is growing up!! It was the first day of school and she was super excited! She got dressed this morning and ran in our room, "It's time for kindergarten..let's go, let's go" It was pretty funny! We got her all ready, packed her lunch and then of course HAD to take some pictures!



Jaya with the neighbor kids, Riley and Kaylee


Nick and I were able to take her to school and they had breakfast for all of us, so we had some muffins and juice, then we were off to her classroom. She walked over, found her name on the wall and hung up her backpack, she was such a big girl! Nick had to get back to work so he hugged and kissed her and left, me on the other hand, I knew there would be tears, but I didn't have to leave right then. The teacher called us all over to the rug and then it was story time and of course it was a story that would bring the kleenex out, "The kissing hand".
I tried really hard to not cry a lot, cause none of the other parents were, but there was a tear or two! After the story was done, we gave our kids a kiss on the hand and they gave us one as well - then it was time for hugs :(
She is growing up so fast, I can't even believe it! It still feels like yesterday we were in the NICU. So much has happened over the last 5 years....I can't wait to see what the next 5 will bring!
I have to work today so unfortunately I won't be able to pick her up from school, but I will find out all about her first day and write about it later!

2 comments:

Prairie Mother said...

So sweet! So happy she had a good first day of kndgrtn. At least she wanted you there, my boys kept telling me to go home as we walked to school! ha ha.

love the new banner on your blog!

Aunt Rita said...

Don't worry about crying on the first day of kindergarten!! I do it every year! Your teacher is brave to have all of you for her reading of The Kissing Hand. That one gets me each and every time I read it. Give Jaya a kiss and hug from us! See you on Friday!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails