Thursday, January 22, 2009

Walking and the Flu

What a week we have had! It all started with me having strep, thought I was over it and luckily no one else got sick.....boy I was wrong! Sunday night Jaya woke up sick, she was throwing up most of the night...we kept her in our bedroom all day on Monday so she would stay away from Neela and it worked, she laid in bed watched movies all day, and managed to keep things down. We thought it was over, again - we were wrong...Tuesday she was fine, but then woke up again Tuesday night with the same thing! She ended up in bed with us and was again quorintined to our bedroom all day Wed, and so far so good! I say that and I am sure she will be up again tonight - but keep your fingers crossed!
Neela has not been sleeping through the night either - lately she has been waking up anywhere from 1 to 3 times a night and generally wants to play. We are hoping that she is just getting adjusted to her new bedroom and surroundings and she will get back on her normal sleep pattern soon. Tonight she fell asleep in the living room after just drinking half of her bottle at 7:15pm - so I am sure she will be up in the middle of the night and if not that - she will be up early! And we all know Nick and I are such early birds :)
So amongst all the sleepless nights other things have happened.....Miss Neela started walking - yup - and taking more than just one or two steps!!! It is very exciting and now she wants to try to walk everywhere! We took a video and it is posted below, but is a little dark, I will try to get another one soon!
Last week Nick and I went to the bank to open a new account and I thought I would ask about a job, so I applied online when we came home and I now have an interview set up for tomorrow at Chase Bank in the downtown area as a part time teller. I am hoping this works with my class schedule too, I start my one class on Monday afternoon....M and W from 1 - 2:15!

So while I am at home I have been trying to find stuff for Neelas 1st Birthday party!!! I can't believe she is almost one already! Gosh - last year at this time - I was miserable not to mention huge and just waiting to have her - but thats a story for another day! We will do a party for her here on her special day, but we are going to do a birthday party at home when go back in Feb. too! So trying to find some fun party decor...cause kids care so much about that when they turn 1!

Now the kids are both in bed and we just finished watching Purdue win! Go Boilers! We do plan to display our purdue flag in the front yard!!! :)
Stay warm - lots of love from Janesville!!!




Jaya trying to feed her pet ladybug :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails